Buyer Beware!

You have asked me, and I'm finally doing it. Blogging, that is! Even after having written 9 books, I still have lots to say, and I hope that you find the information useful. I hope to share with you some of the secrets from behind the runways and movie sets as well as insider secrets you can use.

Today my thoughts turn to magazines, and how I hate to see women put so much trust in an editor's recommendation for a product, believing it to be genuine. Many of us have run out for that product only to be less than impressed. For those of you who saw "Devil Wears Prada", you became aware of the importance of advertiser placement into the editorial pages. This applies to all advertisers, not just fashion and accessories.

When you read that a beauty editor has tried that new lipstick and it stayed on through eating, kissing, etc. it sounds impressive. How about that "breakthrough" polish that stayed put for two weeks? Before you "buy" into these claims, check the advertising pages. Chances are high that a full page ad for these personal endorsements will be prominently displayed.

Endearing themselves to their advertisers is how magazines stay alive.
Empower your beauty and your budget by being an informed consumer.